- As it turns out, our one interesting news story from this morning concerning the young lady who tackled the dude who stole her wallet is not true. According to witnesses, a couple of good samaritans banded together when they heard the girl screaming and managed to get the wallet back and enough information for police to track the suspect down. So, props to the three bystanders who were completely left out of the article because someone (or maybe the teen herself) thought it would make a better story! And there goes our one good news item of this morning. (Thanks to Meg M. for the tip.) [Topix]
- Nashville’s unemployment rate shot up to 10% in January, increasing by 0.7% since the previous month. [Tennessean]
- However! Our city has actually gained almost 7,000 jobs since last July due to companies moving into town or expanding. Silver lining? [City Paper]
- “Energy bill” and “skyrocket” are two things that we never, ever want to see used in the same sentence. Unfortunately we just did. [WSMV]
- And 180,000 very excited SEC fans are trickling into Nashville tonight and this weekend for the men’s basketball tournaments, which will be held at The Bridge. [WKRN]
Photo by fallingwater123.
No related posts.