Good morning, Nashville. Looking out the window, we’d say that Punxsutawney Phil is probably right this time: Six more weeks of winter it is. As sometimes happens here at Nashvillest, we’re off to a late start and must give you your abbreviated Bright & Early:
- Governor Phil delivered his fairly-depressing State of the State address last night which included nearly 1,400 layoffs (but a 3% bonus for everyone who still has a job!), increased driver’s license fees, and digging into state reserves. [WKRN]
- If we get any more winter storms around here, we might be up the creek since #TheSituation2010 has put such a big dent in Nashville’s salt supply. [Tennessean]
- A study by women’s advocacy group CABLE found that there are no public companies based in Tennessee that have female CEOs. [WPLN]
- Nashville’s unemployment rate increased by 0.4% between November and December. [City Paper]
- There was a massive Twinkie heist in Kingsport on Friday night. [WZTV]
Photo by missbethd75.