- The trusty fleet of TDOT salt trucks are already hitting the road to prepare for that Gigantic Winter Storm we’re supposed to get on Thursday. They’ll probably be slathering the pavement with some of that beet juice we heard about a few weeks ago, which lowers the freezing point of the salt mixture. [WKRN]
- Governor Phil will not be letting all the prisoners go to save our state some money, which, believe it or not, was once an option. [Tennessean]
- Metro wants us to get excited about the new convention center! In public, at a rally! [Post Politics]
- Stores in the Hickory Hollow Mall seem to have planned a mass exodus this month with New York & Company, Hot Topic, The Children’s Place, Lane Bryant, and Chick-Fil-A all shutting down within the next two to three weeks. [WSMV]
- Wilson County Schools won’t be rounding up kids in the gym and handing out Bibles anymore after catching the wrath of the ACLU. [Tennessean]
- If singing the National Anthem before a Sounds game is on your bucket list, now is your chance to try out. If it’s not, then you should add it and try out anyway. [WSMV]
- This guy’s mugshot just says it all, doesn’t it? [Nashville Is Talking]
Photo by James T Atkinson.