- Get ready for the downpour: We’re looking at 1-2 inches of rain tomorrow with some thunderin’ likely. Flurries are possible, but… eh, this is Nashville we’re talking about. [NashvilleWX]
- The town of Arlington, TN has issued a statement shunning their mayor, who made national news last week by posting a Facebook status accusing the President of purposely bumping the Charlie Brown Christmas special off of television because he’s a Muslim. The statement followed Mayor Wiseman’s own attempt at one of those “I’m Sorry If I Offended People With My Sharp Wit” apologies. [Post Politics]
- Speaking of Islam, the Tennessean published an in-depth piece yesterday exploring the anti-Muslim movement in Nashville and across the country. [Tennessean]
- The TVA has announced that it accidentally killed a bunch of fish while working on the Raccoon Mountain reservoir and it will not be cleaning them up. [WZTV]
- We are very sad to pass along the news that one of Nashville’s favorite restaurants, Zola, will be closing its doors next month. Owners Debra and Ernie Paquette will be jetting off to the Caribbean for retirement and we’ll sure miss them, but wish them all the best! [Tennessean]
- The bowl schedules are out and they go like this: Clemson vs. Kentucky in the Music City Bowl, UT vs. Virginia Tech in the Chick-fil-a Bowl, and MTSU vs. Southern Mississippi in the New Orleans Bowl. [BCS]
Photo by Grey Street Girl.
No related posts.