- Some serious somethin’ is going down at Gibson Guitars involving the use of really expensive endangered wood from Madagascar. A statement by Gibson clarified that the US Fish and Wildlife Service seized some guitars and files to investigate a possible violation. [Nashville Post]
- Metro Parks Director Roy Wilson, the guy who’s being blamed for the department’s nearly $2 million budget shortfall, informed his employees that he’ll be resigning and taking another job out of state. [City Paper]
- In related news, Metro may be using the rainy day fund to cover that accidental deficit. [WKRN]
- Mayor Dean has extended the life of the Fairgrounds through the end of 2010 in hopes of having some extra time to figure out what to do with it. [WTVF]
- We thought we’d heard the end of the whole Guns In Parks bill, but apparently not. [WKRN]
No related posts.