Good morning, Nashville. We’re making this short and sweet this morning since we’re running a little behind:
- Maury County is already feeling the effects of the Swine Flu with close to 10% of the county’s 11,000+ students out sick this week. For information on flu prevention, please take a minute to watch this short instructional video. [Tennessean]
- We’re not sure which headline is our favorite this morning: “Kids Get Shot In Helping With H1N1 Vaccine” or “Robber takes Pizza delivery driver’s money, pizza, pants.” [WSMV & WKRN]
- Rather than waiting another two weeks to decide on the creation of a convention center authority, Councilman Rip Ryman has requested a special meeting to vote tomorrow evening. [City Paper]
- Tennessee Sen. Doug Jackson appeared on CNN accusing local restaurant owner and anti-guns-in-bars advocate Randy Rayburn (Sunset Grill, Cabana) of carrying out a publicity stunt to generate business. [Pith In The Wind]
- Many folks are trying to convince the TVA to keep all of the dangerous, toxic, and apparently spill-able coal ash on their own property rather than dumping it in everyone else’s neighborhoods. [Tennessean]
Photo by Felixe.