- The Tea Party rally downtown ended up drawing upwards of a thousand people today to protest Obama’s policies, though it was “a much smaller turnout” than the one back in April. [WKRN]
- The feds think that our air is gross enough that they’ve just handed TDOT $2 million to stop polluting it so much. TDOT plans to use the grant to add some Special Magic Machines to a few truck stops that will let trucks plug into it instead of idling their engines for hours on end. [Tennessean]
- Some folks in White County have been busy, as police stumbled upon 6,000 marijuana plants growing happily in the woods. They haven’t located the owner(s) yet, but we’d imagine that someone is in quite a bit of trouble. [WSMV]
- Meet the unassuming meth-busting task force of Tennessee. [WSMV]
- Help is on the way for the Metro Action Commission in the way of over $1 million in stimulus funds to cover people’s rent and utilities who find themselves in a bind. [WSMV]
Photo by Grey Street Girl.