- This should make us all feel better: All of the rain has made some humain bones float into the Cumberland River, and those bones could apparently be 6,000 years old. Who the heck was in Tennessee 6,000 years ago besides the dinosaurs!? [WSMV]
- If you frequent the downtown YMCA, you may notice that it’s closed. It was struck by lightning last night and all the power went out, so it’ll reopen on Saturday morning for all your fitness needs and in the meantime you can visit any of the other locations. [WKRN]
- The Holiday Inn in Brentwood laid off their entire staff, kicked all of their guests out, and shut their doors for good yesterday without any real notice. It’s the same hotel that was successfully sued for $2 million a few months ago for firing some folks because they were gay. [WSMV]
- Metro PD thinks they’ve tracked down at least one of the two suspects in Tuesday’s Green Hills Mall parking garage assault wherein some poor sap got locked in his own trunk. [WKRN]
- The Slammin’ & Jammin’ car show in Lebanon ended up causing the city to fork over almost $20,000 to pay police officers overtime for the security they provided. [WSMV]
Photo by Paul Nicholson.