- Governor Phil stamped the veto on the hotly debated guns-in-bars bill, but the legislature will probably just overturn it. [WSMV]
- In a bout of sweet irony, the TVA is kicking off a clean energy home incentive program to reward homeowners for having energy-efficient houses. [WKRN]
- Hate crimes in Tennessee made an unfortunate 38% jump from 372 in 2007 to 515 in 2008, including a 94% increase in crimes against mentally disabled people. [WTVF]
- Spotted: Vince Young hanging out at a rap concert and pulling a Pacman throwing handfuls of cash up in the air (or “making it rain,” as the kids say). [City Paper]
- Also spotted (in Maryville and not Nashville, to be clear): Dude robs house wearing a woman’s thong. [WZTV]
- Also, also spotted: Dude steals some gummy bears and gets charged with making meth. We have no idea if the two things are related, but we hope he was also doing this. [Tennessean]
Photo by Neuski.