- Governor Phil’s proposed state budget cuts include slashing 717 current jobs by June 2010. The number does not include cuts of another 656 positions that are currently vacant. [Tennessean]
- Gary Allen’s alleged stalker appeared in court today and provided us with this hilarious quote: “I took her registration and her size 5 miniskirt.” We’ll leave the rest to the imagination… or you can read the article. [Tennessean]
- A motorcyclist died early this morning in Madison, from a crash that may have been the result of a drag race with a BMW. [WKRN]
- Lightning from that nasty storm this afternoon struck a home in Franklin around 1pm. If it’s not the tornaders, it’s something else… [Tennessean]
- When compared to statewide averages, Metro students trailed far behind other Tennessee students tested for college preparedness, and Director of Schools Dr. Jesse Register is not surprised. [WKRN]
- Despite heavy rain today, Movies In The Park is still on for tonight. We’ll see you there!
Photo by Cameron Daigle.
No related posts.