- Tennessee’s unemployment ended up being 9.9% for the month of April, which means we’re a mere tenth of a percentage point away from 10! Compare ot last year’s April unemployment rate of 6%. We’re getting depressed just thinking about it. [WSMV]
- So let’s lighten things up with a cute video/slideshow/thing about Metro students covering the town with silly string and balloons and otherwise partying it up on the last day of school. [Tennessean]
- We would also like to re-emphasize Councilman Eric Crafton’s $15,000+ in unpaid property taxes and note that it was a Belmont kid (represent!) who busted him for it. [Enclave Nashville]
- The Cool Springs Bosco’s had a rough day today after a pizza oven caught the place on fire and racked up about $10,000 in damage. Fortunately everyone evacuated and no one was hurt. They’ll hopefully be able to reopen tomorrow. [WSMV]
- All you state employees who smoke have a whole extra year to quit before they start charging you $50 extra per month for your health insurance. [WZTV]
Photo by Silenus81.