- For all the information junkies out there (and really, anyone who cares where their tax dollars are going) the State of Tennessee just launched Tennessee Open Government, which looks like a pretty great way to find out all sorts of fun stuff like salaries, travel expenses and public meeting schedules for government employees. [WZTV]
- The kid that Albert “Speedy” Haynesworth nearly crippled during a joyride down I-65 last year is now suing the former Titan for $7.5 million, saying that Haynesworth pretty much ruined his life. [ Tennessean]
- Since swine flu was so three days ago, we’ve moved back to the avian flu which seems to have made a couple of appearances on poultry farms in Tennessee this week. [WZTV]
- A couple of Nashvillians are up for recognition at the MTV Movie Awards, and you can probably guess who it is: Miley and Paramore. Predictable, but we’re still proud. You can go cast your votes here. [Tennessean]
- Side note: Shelbyville might soon float away. [WSMV]
Photo by joshuablackwilkins.