- Fresh on the heels of the Tennessee House shooting down a ban on open alcohol containers in vehicles, the Senate has approved a ban on texting while driving. So, your passengers can booze it up but for the love of all things holy, put the phone away. [City Paper]
- Despite all that economic-stimulating, word coming down from the top is that Metro Nashville Public Schools will be cutting 225 positions at the central office, which we had no idea that 225 people worked at in the first place. [WZTV]
- The sun will always rise and Oak Ridge will always be creepy. This morning, they had to evacuate “the government’s former uranium enrichment site” because they thought something might be leaking. [Tennessean]
- Hey, did you know that Nashville might be hosting a World Cup? Just not until 2018 or 2022. [Tennessean]
- Kings of Leon just announced some dates for their spring and summer tour and it seems that they’ve unsurprisingly decided to forgo Nashville. And who could blame them with so many paparazzi in these parts? [NME]
Photo by girlhealthy.