- Sometimes we fear that the Federal Government or The State Of Georgia will swallow up our state and take away our ability to be, well, Tennessee. Thankfully state Rep. Susan Lynn is trying to pass a resolution that will remind everyone that the 10th Amendment is serious for real. [Pith In The Wind]
- Creepy Oak Ridge is getting $755M from the federal government to clean up all their nuclear weaponry stuff leftover from the Manhattan Project. This, of course, means a bunch of new jobs for anyone who loves to play with radiation. [Tennessean]
- Memo to all the smokers out there: Cigarettes will go up 62 cents a pack tomorrow, so you better stock up. Or start buying those little patch things so you can kick the habit altogether. [WKRN]
- According to our fancy new report card, Tennessee didn’t exactly pass the infrastructure test with flying colors. [WSMV]
- MTSU is getting hi-tech, but we still think the incoming freshmen will look pretty silly with headphones and self-guided mp3 campus tours. [WSMV]
- The icing on Metro Schools’ cake: They just asked three employees, including an HR director, to resign following the hiring of an individual who was under investigation by another school system [WTVF]
Photo by cdumo.