- State Sen. Doug Overbey (D-Maryville) is probably our hero. His bill that would allow us to cart lots of wine over the border is set to be voted on by the Senate on Monday. [WKRN]
- Four Tennessee veterans tested positive for Hepatitis B, and six for Hepatitis C after a couple of VA hospitals accidentally exposed patients to contaminated hospital equipment. [WTVF]
- For some reason, Lowe’s opened a brand new store on Dickerson Pike and hired almost 200 folks to staff it. Yay for jobs? [WKRN]
- More than 800,000 Tennesseans don’t have health insurance. [WKRN]
- Just a couple of weeks after some dynamite was discovered out by the airport, someone found a hand grenade in the middle of the road in Clarksville. [WSMV]
- News flash: The recession also hurts families who were broke before it all started, rather than just rich people. Who knew! [WKRN]
Photo by amunivers.