- Following the joint press conference with Mayor Dean and Gov. Bredesen this morning, Loews Vanderbilt Hotel owner and Nashville For All Of Us leader Tom Negri was nearly run over by a woman who was trying to steal an anti-English Only yard sign from outside the election commission. Police were called, but the woman was already pretty far gone. [Tennessean]
- Speaking of… that, Nashville Public Television is afraid they’re about to be stood up by Councilman Crafton for the televised debate he committed to back in October. He originally agreed to debate David Briley with John Seigenthaler moderating on January 21st, the night before the election. NPT says they’re doing it with or without him. [Pith In The Wind]
- So are more people actually DOING meth, or are more people just getting caught? [WKRN]
- Thankfully, the Tennessee River seems to have come out unscathed after 10,000 gallons of God-knows-what spilled out of a TVA plant in Alabama last week. [Tennessean]
- Nearly 30,000 NES customers were looking for help with ballooning electric bills in the month of December, which is about 1 in 10 households. [WKRN]
Photo by ben-sci.