- A hospital in Johnson City successfully delivered a set of twins who are joined at the belly button. The girls are currently at the Vandy Children’s Hospital in stable condition awaiting surgery to separate them. [WTVF]
- Illinois governor RoD Blagojevich’s Nashvillian brother RoB Blagojevich (*whew*) says he’s totally not planning on cooperating with federal investigators if they ask him to. [Tennessean]
- Heckethorn Manufacturing in Dyersburg is scaling back considerably by laying off nearly half of its workforce. [WTVF]
- Monsoon? Ice storm? Which will it be!? Unfortunately, probably just rain for us in Nashville. You better believe we’ll be doing our best snow dance at the Nashvillest HQ tonight, though. [WTVF]
- Be careful out there on the roads since apparently 1 in every 5 Tennessean drivers is cruising around without car insurance. [WKRN]
- Repair crews are working around the clock to spruce up LP Field, which sounds like it’s kind of falling apart. Here’s hoping for a playoff game without any major power outages! The Titans will be playing the Baltimore Ravens this Saturday. [WSMV]
- News Channel 5 tries to explain what exactly the English Only charter initiative means for Nashville if it passes. [WTVF]
Photo by edyson.