Good morning, Nashville. We hope all of you had a wonderful holiday! We’ll be thinking of you fondly as you begin your treks to work this fine Monday morning. As for us, we’re still cruising down the interstate somewhere between Virginia and Tennessee on our way back to the city we love. Enough of that, though–How about that TVA ash spill? The news out of Kingston seems to have only gotten more and more outrageous over the past few days, and we especially love the timing of this story about all the hefty bonuses that TVA execs managed to carve out for themselves this year. Meanwhile, they keep insisting that the town’s water supply is totally fine despite rising levels of thallium and lead and also a few hundred dead fish. Predictably, environmental groups aren’t buying it.
- Raining on the parade. In case you somehow missed it, the Titans lost yesterday. Like, big time… the Colts actually shut us down 23-0. Sorry, Vince Young, but we’re gonna have to blame this one on you. Oh well–Super Bowl or bust?
- Ghost two-step? Ghost jig? When we mention the weird roller coaster sculpture by the riverfront, we’re betting you know exactly what we’re talking about. Now imagine not one, but several of those scattered throughout the city. It could happen!
- Bits & pieces. We might have actually paid money to see Miley skating around Nashville in these pants … Leave it to a Tennessean to win the lottery and suddenly be nowhere to be found … Four Habitat for Humanity homes burned down over the weekend … Several local university and college presidents voiced their opinion about the English Only ballot measure in a full-page ad in the Tennessean yesterday … Nashville’s hosting the biggest inaugural ball outside of Washington DC (which we think is kinda weird) on January 20th.
Photo by timekin.
- Bright & Early: You Can’t Touch This Edition
- Bright & Early: A World Of Pain Edition
- Bright & (Not So) Early: Ars Gratia Artis Edition