- You may have forgotten about the Chinese Poison Train of Long Long Ago (okay, so it was only 2007) when the Chinese were found to be exporting lead-tainted toys through Mattel. Tennessee was one of 36 states to investigate Mattel and today we got $239K out of a settlement agreement. Gotta make our money somewhere, you know? [Tennessean]
- Congratulations to Titans Albert Haynesworth, Cortland Finnegan, Chris Hope, Michael Roos, Chris Johnson, and Kevin Mawae for making the NFL Pro Bowl! [Tennessean]
- Here’s the horrifying-but-sort-of-neat first hand account of Linda Ragsdale, one of the two Nashvillian women injured in the Mumbai attacks. [WSMV]
- For better or worse, the Sounds get to stay at Greer Stadium after a unanimous vote by the Metro Council to approve the new lease. It’s been a long time coming, but the agreement was finally reached when the new buyers agreed to dump $1.75M into improvements. We can’t wait! [Tennessean]
- There will be a BYOC (bring your own candle) candlelight vigil at Riverfront Park this coming Saturday at 5pm in protest of Proposition 8. There might be Christmas carols. [Out & About]
- Lo and behold, the Tennessee Valley Authority saw “increased revenues” for the 2008 fiscal year. Are we surprised? [WTVF]
Photo by duststorm.