- Nuclear waste from the Manhattan Project that’s being stored in Oak Ridge will soon be moving out of town, with 60-120 loads headed out to New Mexico over the next three years. [WTVF]
- Speaking of nuclear things in Oak Ridge, their East Tennessee Technology Park had kind of a scare today when it had to be evacuated for an accidental chemical reaction. Small wonder that the Oak Ridge folks aren’t glowing in the dark by now. [Tennessean]
- Even though MTA just cut a few bus routes, they’re adding express service from Sumner County into Nashville. [WSMV]
- Tennessee’s tax collections are about $60M less than everyone thought. [WTVF]
- The story that’s been all over the blogs this week is finally in the news: An undocumented pregnant woman who was taken into custody after driving without a license was made to wear restraints while she had a kid and for several hours after. [WSMV]
- The Williamson County Schools data snafu could end up setting them back about $100K. [WSMV]
Photo scanned by Pierre J.