- We don’t know about you, but we sure haven’t forgotten about the Davidson County Election Commission’s security slip over the winter. In case you don’t remember, a couple of laptops were stolen out of the Election Commission’s office containing the social security numbers and private data of all the county’s registered voters. The city is now asking for $840K from the security contractors in charge at the time of the theft to cover all the identity-theft prevention coverage they had to buy for us. [Tennessean]
- In honor of Michelle Obama’s visit to Nashville tonight, the Tennessee Republican Party has thrown together a warm video welcome, which you might have seen running around on the internet today. And by warm, we mean not really warm at all. [YouTube]
- Congrats to our friends at TennViews/KnoxViews who were chosen to represent Tennessee as the official liveblogging ambassadors to the Democratic National Convention. [TennViews]
- Two men were carjacked on their way out of Church Street club Play last night. The carjackers made them drive to TSU, where both men managed to escape but had to leave their car behind. So if you see a 2004 four-door Oldsmobile Alera with Tennessee tags (726-SJG), call it in, because they would like their their car back. [WSMV]
- Five train cars carrying ethanol derailed in West Nashville last night. We’re happy to tell you that no one was hurt and the ethanol didn’t spill. [WTVF]
Photo by susanlee828.
No related posts.