- Abandon all hope ye who go downtown tonight — but have fun and be safe if you do! 🎉
- Nashville Mayor David Briley says that he will keep police chief Steve Anderson on the job if re-elected next year and will not seek to raise property taxes to plug budget holes. The mayor’s race, along with all 35 council members and 5 at-large members, will be next August.
- There is good news and bad news in 2018: homicides were down significantly over the last year, but overall crime was higher. Leading the way was property theft — particularly cars.
- While the game was said to be entertaining, Vanderbilt’s football team lost to Baylor in their second bowl game in five years under head coach Derek Mason, 45-38. It was an emotional season for the team, losing one of their players suddenly to cancer late last month.
- The Tennessee Titans (9-7), without their starting quarterback, could not win the one game they absolutely had to in order to make the playoffs, losing to the Indianapolis Colts (10-6) 33-17. That wraps up the season for the Titans. 😞
- The Nashville Predators (22-15-2) have had a rough run of games lately, losing 2-0 to the Dallas Stars (20-16-3) Thursday and losing 4-3 to the New York Rangers (16-14-7) Saturday, both games at home. They face the Washington Capitals (24-10-3) tonight on the road.
- The owners of 12 convenience stores in nearby Rutherford County caught up in “Operation Candy Crush” last year (no, not the mobile game) have filed a lawsuit saying that the sting operation was racially motivated. The criminal charges against the shop keepers were dropped, as the CBD-oil infused candies did not break the law.
- Happy New Year! 🎊
Photo by Haider Nakkash. Want to see your photo featured here?