- Nashville’s official Christmas tree (all 30 feet and 6,000 lights of it) is no longer at Public Square Park after snapping off at the base in high winds Friday night. We got the message, 2017.
- Those storms also dumped a lot of water in the mid-state Saturday, causing local flooding and closing some roads.
- The Nashville Scene has this very important list of restaurants open today.
- The President will be back in town (this time at Gaylord Opryland Convention Center) in early January. Sorry for folks traveling on I-40 or Briley Parkway on whichever day it ends up being.
- Tennessee’s unemployment ticked up to 3.1 percent last month, still near historic lows. It was 5.1 percent in November 2016.
- A Southwest flight to Tampa from Nashville had to land in Birmingham because somebody got John Rich-level drunk and assaulted a flight attendant. Judging from the mugshot, he got the worse end of it.
- Cold temperatures again prompted Metro to open up emergency shelters on Christmas Eve. The shelters are opened when the temperature falls below freezing, up from a prior threshold of 25 degrees Fahrenheit.
- There might be some hiccups with the city’s massive transit plan if the matching federal funds do not come through as expected in the budget. The scope of the project would need to be adjusted to match any shortfall.
- Things have gone from bad to worse for the Tennessee Titans (8-7) with a 27-23 loss to the
St. LouisLos Angeles Rams (11-4) Sunday after leading their division in November. The good news is that a win in the final game of the season next Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars (10-5) will let them sneak into the playoffs, but a loss is all but certain to end the season.
- The Nashville Predators (21-9-5) are looking forward to the three-day holiday break in the schedule after a few recent stumbles. They lost Thursday to the Carolina Hurricanes (16-12-7) 4-1 at home and then dropped a 3-4 shootout loss to the Stars (20-14-3) in Dallas Saturday night. They return to action on Wednesday in division match-up in St. Louis against the Blues (23-13-2).
- This was a bit of a weird move by the Dallas Stars, to be honest.
- In other news, P.K. Subban is pretty awesome.
- See if you agree with the judges for where to get the best chocolate chip cookie in Nashville. 🍪
- Whoops! The Nashville Zoo recently learned a clouded leopard they thought was a male is actually female. Sorry about that, Niran.
- Merry Christmas y’all! 🎄🎁
Photo by Juliette. Want to see your photo featured here?