- Metro General is still reeling from last week’s announcement that it will be converted to a clinic instead of a full in-patient hospital, prompting numerous resignations and staff poaching from other healthcare groups. The hospital is trying to create retention bonuses to keep staff from leaving.
- Well guys, “Nashville” (the show, not the city) has been canceled after six seasons. Does this mean all those tourists are going somewhere else now?
- The standoff between Mt. Juliet city leaders and the Regional Transportation Authority should be ending soon, resolving what will happen with Music City Star train service to that area.
- The Christmas tree that will sit at public square park has been selected from an Inglewood resident’s yard and will arrive downtown around 11:30 a.m. today. 🎄
- Also in holiday news, the Nashville Christmas Parade will take a slightly different route this year on December 2 with it heading up 1st
Street Avenue (oh come on guys) instead of going (the wrong way) up 2nd Avenue before heading up Broadway. The change was made to allow easier viewing along the route at Riverfront Park.
- A form at Haynes High School in North Nashville gave school kids the opportunity to directly ask civic leaders about important topics, chief among them school safety and community policing.
- Be careful if you’re planning to fry a turkey this week, as the Nashville Fire Department demonstrates how badly that can go.
- Nashville Predators radio play-by-play broadcaster Pete Weber has been named fill a vacancy on the board that oversees the city’s three public access channels. It is his first city board appointment.
- It wasn’t the outcome the Tennessee Titans (6-4) wanted on Thursday night, dropping an ugly game 17-40 in Pittsburgh against the Steelers (8-2). The travel to Indianapolis to face the Colts (3-7) on Sunday.
- The Nashville Predators (11-6-2) let a three-goal lead slip away Thursday night in a 4-6 loss to the Minnesota Wild (9-8-2) before beating the Colorado Avalanche (9-8-1) 2-5 at home Saturday. They host the Winnipeg Jets (12-4-3) tonight and Montreal Canadiens (8-11-2) on Wednesday.
- There won’t be a bowl game for Vanderbilt (4-7) football this year after being routed early by Missouri (6-5) 45-17, which will prevent them from getting the required six wins to be eligible. They wrap up the season in Knoxville against a Tennessee (4-7) team that similarly has nothing but pride on the line. Winner also gets their sole conference victory for 2017.
- Hallelujah the weekend closures of I-24 that have caused headaches for East Nashville residents wrapped up this past weekend.
- A frequent flier couple was married at the Nashville International Airport last week in an airport lounge. You may be surprised to hear they are said to be the first to do so.
- Nashville has been ranked 14th on a list of the best places in the country to retire. We’re not sure what “retire” means.
- Rudy Kalis, a longtime fixture of Nashville’s NBC affiliate WSMV, will retire at the end of the month with an event benefiting the Nashville Humane Society.
- WPLN answers all your questions about those folks riding around in yellow shirts on Segways downtown.
- And finally, watch this video from Smith County of a puppy being rescued from a well.
Photo by SunnyGoller. Want to see your photo featured here?