- A photo making the rounds of an East Nashville Airbnb with some rather … something … decorations has also let us know what words they will blur on local television. It’s also too hot for this blog, unless it involves the weather.
- More than 40 dogs were brought to LaVergne from Louisiana by the Big Fluffy Dog Rescue in order to make room at shelters in areas affected by Hurricane Harvey.
- Former MLB pitcher Curt Schilling’s trailer broke down just outside of Nashville on his way to Texas with relief supplies, but was soon back on the road.
- Today is the last day if you want to donate supplies for the Titans to take to Houston.
- More than 90 Tennesseans from various agencies are in Houston on an eight-day rotation assisting with relief efforts.
- Storms on Thursday and Friday forced organizers to reshuffle the the lineup for the final installment of “Live on the Green” this past weekend.
- Those storms also prompted evacuations of a street in Whites Creek where the city has been demolishing houses and attempting to fix drainage issues.
- One person has turned himself in for an obstruction of justice related to the vandalism of a Murfeesboro mosque in July.
- A Murfreesboro German Shepherd got to be a firehouse dog for one day as part of a bucket list for the ailing dog.
- It was a big opening weekend in college football, with Vanderbilt defeating Middle Tennessee State 28-6.
- If you are looking to rent in #ItCity, beware scams by people trying to get you to send them deposits for rental properties they do not even own.
- And finally, WPLN answers the question of “What happens when you throw the wrong thing in the recycling bin?”
Happy Labor Day everybody!
Photo by Donnie King.