- Our heartfelt sympathies go out to Mayor Megan Barry and her family following the death of her only son in Denver this weekend.
- Late last week, the mayor’s office asked for a pause for community input in their plan to take over a North Nashville YMCA.
- Congratulations to the Tennessee Soccer Club for winning the 18U Girls US Youth Soccer national title in Texas over the weekend. The team is based in nearby Franklin, Tennessee.
- Speaking of soccer, two English Premier League teams faced off at Nissan Stadium on Saturday to set a new record for the largest soccer game played in Tennessee at 56,232. Manchester
UnitedCity’s 3-0 victory over Tottenham Hotspur beat the previous record earlier this month for USMNT vs Panama.
- More than 30 dogs were removed from a property in Obion County and transferred to Lebanon after they were found at various stages of starvation, illness and injury.
- Nashville Predators forward Ryan Johansen signed the largest contract in franchise history to stay in town for the next eight years. The team is still awaiting a decision from captain Mike Fisher on his future.
- WPLN has a look at the niche of tourism for the upcoming total solar eclipse, as Nashville is the largest city in the path of the “totality”.
- An interesting program out in Pegram combines horses and veterans experiencing post-traumatic stress disorder.
- A golf cart “taxi” service was suspended for 10 days and placed on probation after being photographed operating outside of the permitted downtown area. A metro councilman shared a map of which streets they are allowed to operate.
- Donelson will soon be getting its own hot chicken restaurant, though your Nashvillest staff questions whether their cuisine really counts.
- The parks department is reconsidering an agreement with a developer to use part of Edgehill Park as a staging area for construction equipment after public outcry.
- Nashville’s first virtual reality arcade is opening next month on Church Street.
Photo by the US Army Corp of Engineers.