- The Preds posted a second straight shutout to open their series with the Chicago Blackhawks (NOT THAT WE’RE GLOATING OR ANYTHING.) Pekka Rinne turned away all 30 shots in a 5-0 victory. Game 3 is at 8:30 p.m. today at Bridgestone.
- The Tennessee House passed a bill that would expand free community college for all Tennesseans to cover all adults on Friday.
- Unrelated, the Governor signed a bill effectively repealing Nashville and Memphis’s reduced civil penalties for marijuana possession.
- The three corrections officers injured in the prison riot at a Hickman County prison were released from the hospital on Wednesday and Thursday last week.
- You might have heard about the “tiny home” community being built in Woodbine, spearheaded by Nashville nonprofit Open Table. The project has drawn a lot of fire from neighbors who complain that it’ll bring crime and drugs into the area, so the organizers have been busy meeting with neighbors to find a solution.
- This is your regular reminder to slow down and move over for emergency vehicles, which did not happen in Hendersonville over the weekend.
- That hip new restaurant opening in your neighborhood may be struggling to find staff, according to WPLN.
- In not-local-but-cute-anyway news, April the giraffe finally had her calf after a long, internet frenzied wait — a 129 lbs. and 5-foot 9-inch boy!
Photo by SunnyGoler.