- So Twitter
iswas down, you say? That’s as good an excuse as any to catch up on the real news.
- Such as: Young Buck’s IRS auction happened this morning, so you’re out of luck if you were hoping to snag any of that sweet memorabilia. If we told you what happened to the glow mirror marijuana leaf picture, we’d have to kill ya.
- TriStar Southern Hills Hospital has started using a fancy high-tech badge to track how often their employees are washing their hands. The badge also indicates when they’ve walked into a room, and the room greets them by name. The future is now.
- Whiskey theft is a pretty hefty offense here in Tennessee.
- Tennessee’s blood supply is at a 15-year low, so now is a great time to find your nearest Red Cross and donate.
- Shea Weber is staying, hooray! Now, let’s read this depressing thing about how his contract costs about as much as the entire Bridgestone Arena.
- Governor Haslam is in the unique position of defending the state’s interational director in Economic and Community Development Samar Ali against accusations of being “an inroad of spreading Sharia Law in state government.” Ali is from Waverly, Tennessee, her father is a colonel in the Tennessee National Guard, and she just wrapped up a White House fellowship last year.
- “Murfreesboro Police said a drunken homeless man greeted folks on the greenway there with a full moon.” Doesn’t it sound so friendly that way?
- Kenny Britt will not be starting training camp with the rest of the Titans due to a bum knee. And PS: He tried to drive drunk into Fort Campbell last week?
- Sex ed teachers are still sort of confused about that “gateway sexual activity” concept.
- Following last week’s movie theater shooting in Aurora, Nashville gun shops say they haven’t noticed any increase in sales.
Photo by Paul Nicholson.