- The folks at WKRN got in touch with the five sleeping TDOT employees for some colorful results! Something about “c@!p” and being on medication that makes you drowsy? Anyway, TDOT says they’re reviewing their policies on breaktime and after-hours activities.
- Someone has illegally dumped a truckload of lettuce in a South Nashville neighborhood, creating a stir amongst the folks who live there who would rather their streets not be treated like a garbage dump. The Tennessee Department of Environment and conservation is currently investigating. #lettucegate2012
- The state of Tennessee is pretending that there was an earthquake this week, for preparedness. But don’t worry, earthquakes only happen in Memphis*.
- The Davidson County Democrats have already chosen John Arriola’s replacement–a former Rep. Jim Cooper staffer named Brenda Wynn. However, this just means that she’s been nominated to run in November in his place, but a separate vote will take place on August 7th to determine who our interim County Clerk will be.
- Hallelujah, Southwest is adding two nonstop flights between Nashville and LaGuardia! (But pffft, who wants to go to New York anyway?)
- Bits & pieces. We could see some more storms today, but mostly scattered … Here are some neat pictures of Nashville from 50 years ago, when it was probably still hot … Nashville likes coffee, and stuff … The Newsboys are suing the New Boyz.
*But seriously, earthquakes can happen here too! Here’s a preparedness refresher.
Photo by Justine C.