The annual Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day has crept up on us once again. On Saturday, hundreds of museums nationwide will offer free admission for Museum Day, so even if you’re traveling outside of Nashville this weekend, you can still get in on the freebies! Locally, participating museums include the Frist Center, Tennessee State Museum and the Vanderbilt University Fine Arts Gallery. Click here to see a full list of Tennessee museums or to look up museums in another state, then be sure to claim and print your free Museum Day ticket for two before you head out to get cultured tomorrow.
Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day
Saturday, September 24
In other get-cultured-for-free news this weekend, Sunday is Regions Free Day at Cheekwood! It’s the perfect time of year for a stroll through Cheekwood’s beautiful botanical gardens, and to catch the Drawn To Nature exhibition before it closes next weekend. No printed ticket needed for this one, just stroll on in!
Regions Free Day at Cheekwood Botanical Garden & Museum of Art
Sunday, September 25, 11am-4:30pm
- Cheekwood, The Frist Host Free Days This Weekend [Freebies]
- Double Your Free Frist Center Pleasure This Weekend [Freebies]
- Free Fall Weekend At Cheekwood [Freebies]
- Check Out New Exhibits At The Frist Center’s Free Egypt Family Day
- Cheekwood’s Summer Saturdays & Twitter Nights [Freebies]