Good morning, Nashville, and happy Fall! Here’s what’s shakin’ on this fine Fall Friday:
- Autumn is already ushering in some cooler temperatures along with some clouds and rain today. Raise your hand if you didn’t want to get up this morning! [WTVF]
- Luau Louie’s, we hardly knew ye. Metro Police padlocked the downtown nightclub after deciding that enough criminal activity was going on there that the place was a public nuisance. They’ve got a hearing scheduled for later this month to figure out what needs to happen in order for them to reopen. [WTVF]
- Also, the Wine Loft will be reopening tonight after the IRS shut them down for a few days this week because of unpaid taxes. [Tennessean]
- Metro Codes paid a visit to East Nashville doggie day care The Dog Spot and delivered a stop work order notice to owners Chad and Andy Baker for failing to obtain a use and occupancy certificate. And clearly this went over well, as Metro Codes director Terry Cobb now has a photo hanging above his desk of Chad Baker displaying his middle finger alongside the notice. [City Paper]
- Davidson County’s unemployment rate rose by a few tenths of a point in July. [Tennessean]
- Jordin Tootoo is back this season and hopes to be better than ever after completing the NHL’s substance abuse program last year. [Tennessean]
Photo by Amy Allmand.
No related posts.