Good morning, Nashville. Here’s what’s shakin’. And we’ll give you a hint: It’s not us!
- We’re glad to hear that our friends and family on the East Coast made it out relatively unscathed from yesterday’s earthquake. Apparently it was even felt in parts of northeast Tennessee. [WTVF]
- This news is second only to the canisters of, uh, bull semen spill that shut down I-65 yesterday morning. Yes, this is a thing that actually happened. [WKRN]
- And just as quickly as parents voted on it, the Metro school board chose to adopt the wonky new calendar starting in the 2012-13 school year. Students are slated to start back in July. [City Paper]
- Perhaps this will do something to improve Metro’s ACT scores, which are evidently “abysmal.” [City Paper]
- Chris “Every Coach’s Dream” Johnson took a break from sippin’ raspberry lemonades to meet with Titans officials yesterday and talk about contract negotiations. We’re not sure what this means, but we may or may not be refreshing his Twitter account every three minutes until we find out. [City Paper]
- We’ve said it once and we’ll say it again: Wilson County sure as heck knows how to put on a fair. [WKRN]
Photo by Michael Hicks.
No related posts.