Good morning, Nashville, and an extra “good morning” to all the college students who moved in at Vandy, Belmont, TSU, Lipscomb and Trevecca over the weekend. Incoming TSU freshmen, we hope you enjoyed your medallion ceremony. Incoming Vandy freshmen, we’re not sure why you were all covered in giant round stickers, but we enjoyed weaving our way through you, your parents and your eighteen shopping carts at Target on Saturday. We kid, we kid (sort of). Welcome to Nashville (or welcome back), everyone!
- The Rams squeaked a field goal past the Titans in the final seconds of Saturday’s preseason game in St. Louis, putting them ahead to win 17-16. In other Titans news, they’re getting uncomfortably close to their season opener without reaching a deal with star running back and rapper extraordinaire, CJ2K. CJ seems to be making good use of his time off, spending his time at bars sipping raspberry lemonade and gloating on Twitter. [City Paper, Tennessean]
- Tennessee state agencies are preparing to submit plans that cut up to 30% of their annual federal funding by this Wednesday. [Tennessean]
- More loft apartments are coming to the Gulch. The 305-unit Pine Street Lofts will be rental properties with retail space underneath, and the first units will be available late next year. [Nashville Post]
- Commuters, rejoice! Plans to widen I-65N past Trinity Lane have begun. [WKRN]
- More froyo, anyone? We’re not exactly sure how Red Mango plans to find a location that isn’t within spitting distance of a Sweet Cece’s, but they’re sure going to try. [Nashville Post]
- A Madison man has found success peddling “Band Angels,” which are apparently are adhesive bandages with Bible verses on them and not the other kind of Band-Aid. [Tennessean]
- Breaking news! AP wants us to know that traffic in Pigeon Forge is bad. [WTVF]
Photo by Layne Pullum.
No related posts.