- The National Weather Service has confirmed that at least three tornadoes touched down in Middle Tennessee last night in Dekalb, Smith Rutherford, Wilson and White counties. [WTVF]
- Renderings of the Music City Center’s new 800-room Omni hotel were revealed today. Plans include a connector to the Country Music Hall of Fame, as well as street-level restaurants and a coffee shop. They’ll be breaking ground on the hotel in June, so get ready for a bunch of new detours! [Nashville Post]
- Our very own Greer Stadium has been ranked 7th best minor league baseball stadium in the US by Livability.com, and hey! We’ll take it. [Post Business]
- Governor Bill’s tenure reform bill passed the House today. The bill will require teachers to remain in a job for five years instead of the current three to secure tenure. [WTVF]
- Toilet or planter? Both or neither? It’s just so hard to decide! Fair warning – don’t click the link if you’re allergic to toilet puns. [WSMV]
Photo by firemind.