- The Festival Tennessee theme park story continues to unravel with Gaylord flat-out denying the developers’ claim that they’d ever discussed the possibility of moving the Grand Ole Opry to Spring Hill. Says Gaylord VP Brian Abrahamson: “We are, however, in discussions with them on some oceanfront property we have for sale in Arizona.” Zing! [Tennessean]
- A local attorney also recognized the renderings of Festival Tennessee from another ill-fated proposal made by the same company a few years ago, Festival Las Vegas, because it was the exact same drawing. As you might have guessed, that one didn’t pan out either. [Tennessean]
- The MTSU student who allegedly stabbed women’s basketball player Tina Stewart to death yesterday is claiming she did it out of self-defense. [WTVF]
- The January unemployment rate in Tennessee was 9.5%, which is an increase of 0.1% over December. [WTVF]
- The Beale Street Music Festival lineup was announced today, and it’s pretty outrageous. Ke$ha, Cee Lo Green, Mumford & Sons, the Flaming Lips and MGMT all made the bill. [WSMV]
Photo by Victor Guy.