- The big news today is the new theme park, Festival Tennessee, that will supposedly be opening in Spring Hill to include a water park, roller coasters, restaurants, hotels, movie studios, a sportsplex and also possibly an NBA team? Developers say it could also create 15,000-20,000 jobs. Well, okay. We’ll believe it when we see it. [Tennessean]
- Predictably, some folks already smell something fishy. [Nashville Business Journal]
- A giant fight broke out at Baxter Alternative School today that was originally thought to be gang-related, but turned out to be “a disagreement over a romantic relationship.” Either way, nine students were arrested. [City Paper]
- Metro is getting closer to buying up part of the Hickory Hollow Mall for a new park, library and community center. [Tennessean]
- A bill that would have barred counties and cities from passing their own laws pertaining to discrimination, minimum wage, health insurance benefits and family leave stalled in a House subcommittee today. [WSMV]
- Weather experts are calling for some flooding this weekend because of the heavy rain in the forecast and the fact that the ground is already saturated. [Tennessean]
Photo by Liz H.