Good morning, Nashville. Things are already quite nasty outside, as you probably deduced from your morning commute. Numerous flash flood warnings are in effect for Middle Tennessee through the early afternoon, along with a tornado watch or two. So keep an ear out for those sirens and drive safely! After all the nastiness clears out, expect temperatures to drop into the upper-50s.
- Moving and shaking. The folks in West Tennessee have experienced some minor earthquakes over the past 24 hours, all based near Greenbrier, Arkansas. The first happened around 11pm last night with a magnitude of 4.7 and was felt in four states. At least three others have been recorded in the same area since then.
- All roads lead to White Castle. If you thought you saw a couple of weddings happening this weekend at the Nolensville Pike White Castle, you aren’t crazy. The restaurant was transformed into a chapel and two local couples were married there on Sunday thanks to a contest that ran a few months back.
- Bits & pieces. Metro Schools officials may consider instituting single-sex classrooms … The window is now open for potential Metro Council candidates to submit their paperwork. Let the games begin! … The Spring Hill GM plant is slowly coming back to life, but UAW still wants an assembly assignment.
Photo by Denise Mattox.
- Bright & Early: Clouds On The Horizon Edition
- MTA Jingle Contest: It’s Ready To Roll! [Only In Nashville]