Guess what, Tennessee? We’re getting a new governor tomorrow. Governor-elect Bill Haslam will be sworn in at an inauguration ceremony Saturday morning at 11AM at Legislative Plaza. The ceremony will follow a prayer service at the Ryman Auditorium and wrap up with a parade through the streets of downtown Nashville. This, of course, means we’re in for some road closures.
Starting at 9:45 AM:
- James Robertson Parkway from Rosa L. Parks Boulevard to 3rd Avenue North
- Gay Street from 4th Avenue North to 3rd Avenue North
- 4th Avenue North from Charlotte Avenue to the northern corner of the Music City Central Bus Depot
Starting at 10:00 AM:
- 5th Avenue North from Church Street to Harrison Street
Starting at 10:45 AM:
- 3rd Avenue North at Church Street
- Union Street from 3rd Avenue North to 6th Avenue North
- Charlotte Avenue from 3rd Avenue North to 7th Avenue North
- Deaderick Street from 4th Avenue North to 6th Avenue North
- 4th Avenue North from Charlotte Avenue to Union Street.
For more details about Governor-elect Haslam’s inauguration festivities and how you can participate, check out the official schedule of events. For more information on the parade, which kicks off in front of the Municipal Auditorium at 12:30 PM, check out this release from the Metro Nashville Police Department.
Photo by rdt410.
- On The Day Of The Nashville Christmas Parade, Metro Gave To Us [Road Closures]
- Tonight: Titans Preseason Shuts Down The Town [Road Closures]
- Titans Preseason Madness: Road Closures
- Christmas Parade With Red Noses & John Rich [Road Closures]
- Happy 4th: We Hope You Know Your Back Roads [Road Closures]