- LP Field will be hosting the US men’s soccer team vs. Paraguay on March 23rd. Tickets go on sale 1/21 and the match will be televised on ESPN. It’s no World Cup, but we’ll take it! [Tennessean]
- Metro Schools are closed again tomorrow! So enjoy your 10-day weekend, kids, for you will probably never see one of those again until the summertime. [WTVF]
- The Music City Star commuter train set a new single-day ridership record yesterday with 1,107 total passenger trips. [City Paper]
- We can all breathe a sigh of relief as the city is almost finished replacing the century-old water main system beneath downtown Nashville. The project should be finished by the end of next month, provided it ever stops snowing. [WKRN]
- Congratulations, Nashville! You’re the 18th most literate city in the country. [WSMV]
- It’s that time of year when state lawmakers try to pass a law expressly banning a state income tax. [WSMV]
- District 18 Councilwoman and Belmont professor Kristine LaLonde has announced that she won’t be seeking reelection, in addition to District 5 Councilman Jamie Hollin. [WPLN]
Photo by Amy Nelson.