- Bank robberies are way up in Middle Tennessee, and law enforcement officials are blaming the economy. And this article is accompanied by the world’s most terrifying bank robbery photograph, so you should click on it. [Tennessean]
- Some guy keeps calling Nashville’s 911 call center and reporting bogus crimes. Seeing as he’s logged 71 phone calls so far and we already have enough trouble with 911 busy signals around here, please give Metro a ring if you know anything. [WTVF]
- Our October unemployment rate was 9.4% for the second straight month. [Tennessean]
- The Tennessee Republicans elected the first ever female Speaker of the House, Rep. Beth Harwell. She defeated Rep. Glen Casada, who was backed by the Tea Party. [City Paper]
- Albert Haynesworth says he “still has a soft spot for Tennessee,” although it’s unclear as to whether or not Tennessee has a soft spot for Albert Haynesworth. [WTVF]
- The Tennessee Higher Education Commission has recommended that both state universities and community colleges raise their tuition 7% and 5%, respectively. [WSMV]
Photo by fallingwater123.