- Our beloved Davis-Kidd Booksellers location in Green Hills will be peacing out at the end of the year after its parent company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in Kentucky. The store just passed its 30-year anniversary last month and will definitely missed by many of us. The only silver lining is the liquidation sale slated to run from the middle of November until closing. [Nashville Post]
- Metro Police have made several big heroin busts in the West End area this week, arresting six people by busting up sales at the Walgreens near West End and Blakemore, Centennial Park and a nearby Kroger. [WSMV]
- Wilson Central High School students worked long and hard through the week to fix up a mural honoring Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans after someone vandalized it on Monday. [WTVF]
- Sarah Palin will be making a pit stop in Brentwood on the next leg of her book tour at the end of the month. [Tennessean]
- The mosque construction site in Murfreesboro continues to be a swirling vortex of drama, and now residents are up in arms about some cameras that were installed on light poles around the site following the recent vandalism and believe the government might be spying on them. [WSMV]
Photo by The Family Photographer (THPP).
No related posts.