Good morning, Nashville. We’re having a rough time tearing ourselves away from the miner rescue livestream long enough to peruse the local headlines, so we’re going to get right to it this morning:
- The morning began with a suspicious backpack near several important buildings which shut down parts of James Robertson Parkway, 2nd Avenue and Gay Street. The bomb squad is still looking into it. [Tennessean]
- Metro Police have plucked 89 gang members off the streets in their latest enforcement initiative, Operation Safer Streets. [Tennessean]
- Maury County Schools can’t afford to pay their teachers this week and now they’ve been denied the emergency funding to cover it. [WTVF]
- Break out the 2011 glasses! The visitor’s bureau is throwing us another New Year’s Eve party downtown this year. [Tennessean]
- If you’ve ever dreamed of carving an NES logo into your pumpkin, they’ve got you covered. [NES]
- More storms, more seasonally appropriate temperatures. [Nashville WX]
- Someone who is not John Rich will be grand marshalling the Christmas Parade this year. [Tennessean]
Photo by johnlamb.
No related posts.