- Several hundred folks turned out for the Murfreesboro mosque protest, and several hundred more showed up to protest the protest. [WPLN]
- As predicted, Nissan’s Smyrna plant is shutting down for a few days because they’re short on computer chips. [WKRN]
- Coach Bobby Johnson, Vanderbilt’s head football coach, announced his retirement today. [WKRN]
- A 12-year old Franklin kid became a hero today when he stopped the car he was riding in after his mother had a medical emergency and lost control. [City Paper]
- The Convention Center Authority countered Rep. Mike Turner’s accusations of illegal immigrant labor by calling it “a dangerous road to go down to say that you can look at folks and suspect that they are illegal.” [WSMV]
- NES wants to remind everyone that electricity bills are probably going be high this month thanks to the heat. [City Paper]
Photo by Nathan T. Baker.
No related posts.