It may not be a holiday weekend, but there’s enough happening around town to keep us busy! Happy Friday, and we’ll see you next week!
- Films At The Frist: Stage Fright. Frist Center, 7pm, free. Catch Alfred Hitchcock’s classic Stage Fright at the Frist Center tonight… for free!
- Musicians Corner. Centennial Park, 3-6pm, free. A brand-new outdoor music series, Musicians Corner starts this weekend and will continue every Saturday, indefinitely! And we love it! This week’s kick off event includes special guest Mayor Karl Dean and performing artists Sam & Ruby, Mikky Ekko, Damien Horne, Mindy Smith and CW& The Dynamites.
- 2nd Saturday Outdoor Cinema: The Jerk. The Belcourt, 8:06pm, free. The Belcourt’s version of Movies in the Park, but for adults, and on asphalt. They’ll be cranking up the projector in the parking lot at sunset (hence the 8:06pm start time), so bring something to sit on and settle in for the show!
- Tallahassee Rollergirls v. Music City All-Stars. Municipal Auditorium, 7:30pm, $15. Do you see this, Nashville??? This is a photo of Seattle’s Key Arena, maxed out at 5,500 people watching roller derby. It’s cool! The Nashville Rollergirls are having their first bout in their new home at Municipal Auditorium this weekend, and we expect to see everyone there to welcome them. And we mean everyone.
- Nike Found Barefeet in Nashville: A Collaborative Arts Flood Benefit. Limelight, 12pm-12am, $15. Nike, Found Movement Group and Barefeet Studios are hosting a flood relief benefit, melding music and dance for a marathon 12 hours of fun! Music by Palermo, DJ PK, Winston, Gentleman Divers, Ferrier, Allie Hays, Reed Pittman, Jesse Erikson, Peter Barbee, Cortney Tidwell, Boss of Nova, Sara Kelley, David Perry, The Early Evening and Kids These Days. Dance by Found Movement Group, Rita Ross, Southern Movement Crew, Barefeet Studios, Nashville School of Arts and Cultural Reflex Dance.
- Nashville’s Official World Cup Final Watch Party. LP Field, 12:30pm, free. Come watch Netherlands vs. Spain battle it out in the final World Cup game this Sunday! Join the city at LP Field – There’s free admission, free parking, free Sounds tickets to the first 1,000 people, free music and more. The broadcast starts at 1:30, but the fun starts at 12:30, so get there early!
Photo by cwage.
- The Weekendist: Full-Blown Fall Fest Edition
- The Weekendist: October 14-16 Edition
- The Weekendist: Not At The ‘Roo Edition
- The Weekendist: This Little Piggy Went To Market Edition
- The Weekendist: Sixty What? Edition