Good morning, Nashville. We know many of you are getting a head start on the weekend today, and we’d like to get started on ours as well. Your abbreviated Bright & Early is below, and we’ll be back later today with The Weekendist for all of your 4th of July needs!
- There’s an Air Quality alert out for today, which means that ozone levels have gotten dangerously high. [City Paper]
- The biggest news in Nashville today seems to be the 3-4 foot tall weeds plaguing many area schools. Metro schools director, Dr. Jesse Register, says they’ll be gone in 7-10 days. [WKRN]
- Under a new federal ruling, state hospitals can now pay an enhanced coverage fee of 3.52 percent to avoid TennCare cuts. [WZTV]
- Murfreesboro’s new Sports Com Water Park is open for business just in time for the holiday, and admission is only $3. [WKRN]
- The heat and humidity will be making a dramatic return tomorrow and Sunday with 90 degree temperatures. [Nashville WX]
Photo by monoglot.
No related posts.