Good morning, Nashville. We’re running late this morning, so you know the drill. Your abbreviated Bright & Early:
- Extended! Good news for those who have damaged property due to the flood – FEMA agreed this morning to extend the deadline for filing for federal assistance to August 5.
- Brrr. This weekend is gonna be a hot one, but we can expect some relief in the form of mid-80′s temps next week. A “cold front,” if you will. We’ll take what we can get!
- Get in line. Single-game Titans tickets will go on sale at 10am on July 31, which also happens to be the first day of the Titans training camp. There will be about 3,000 single-game tickets available for each of their 8 regular season home games and 2 preseason home games.
- Waking up in Vegas. Can’t come to Nashville because your reservations at Opryland were flooded out? Vegas is obviously the next logical choice! Meanwhile, while the guests are going elsewhere, Opryland is working hard to restore its original shine, including a new and updated look for many of the hotel’s atriums and lobbies.
- Bits & pieces. Stay cool out there, we don’t need any Nashvillians kicking the bucket … A Hickory Hollow duo stole a neighbor’s pet python and attempted to sell it at a nearby pet store … No more free parking at BNA with a handicapped tag or plate.
Photo by Micah Taylor.