- We all knew this was inevitable when half of NES went underwater last month, but a rate increase in our electric bills was finally announced today. It could be as late as January before it takes effect. [WSMV]
- The feds made a big gang bust in Nashville today and indicted 26 members of the Bloods, whom they suspect have been behind several murder conspiracies and violent crimes around here in the past few months. The real kicker is that gang prevention non-profit Galaxy Star is being accused of working behind the scenes to support them. [WKRN]
- A clouded leopard cub was born at the Nashville Zoo last month and it is really, really cute. And rare. [WTVF]
- Nothing says “Tennessee” like moonshine and NASCAR. Finally, there is a tourist attraction that encompasses both. [WZTV]
- We suspect that at least a few of you are reading this from the iPhone line at the Green Hills Apple Store. Apparently it was quite the zoo over there today. [WTVF]
- Tennessee now has an infant mortality rate that’s comparable to that of a third world country. [WKRN]
Photo by Vic James Photography.