- The Mayor’s Office released the details of the home buyout program today, and those who qualify will be contacted sometime in the next two weeks by mail. However, no one will likely see any money until next year. [City Paper]
- Fraud seems to follow the Preds franchise, for some reason. [Tennessean]
- The number of price-gouging complaints has risen to 20 following the flood. Keep your eyes peeled and report possible instances to the Tennessee Consumer Hotline at (615) 741-4737. [WSMV]
- We may not have a state budget for next year, but dang it, we will have a state song. Another state song, that is, since we already have seven plus a state rap. [WSMV]
- State lawmakers also passed a law that allows workplaces to specify that employees only use English while on the job. [WZTV]
- Metro received almost $400,000 in federal grant money to house 75 homeless veterans. [City Paper]
- Our poor neighbors in Clarksville have had 16 sinkholes since the flood. [WSMV]
Photo by Mark in Nashville.