Seeing a city so near and dear to our hearts be ravaged by floodwaters has been devastating to all of us. Yet we sit here, a little misty-eyed, as people worldwide arrive at Nashvillest by googling “how can I help Nashville?” We’re all responding to the disaster in different ways, and we’d like to take a few moments to feature other bloggers’ responses. Since we’d be here all day if we tried to include everyone, feel free to leave a link to your own blog post in the comments if we missed it. We love you, Nashville. We really do.
And we promise we’ll be back to your usual snarky, less-sappy Nashvillest soon.
To kick things off, RexBlog brought (more) tears to our eyes with “Because it is Nashville, a new song starts tomorrow.”
- Stephen Yeargin: “Not landlocked anymore” and “Sandbags”
- Goldni: “I Don’t Get It”
- East Nashville Blog: “The Great Nashville Flood of 2010”
- Kristine Neeley: “This Is Our Home”
- Annie Blogs: “Stories of Rain”
- South Nashville Life: “Nashville Life”
- I [Heart] Nashville: “Nashville Needs Your Help” (pictured above)
- Shakesville: “The Situation In Nashville”
- Tiny Cat Pants: Ah, heck, just read everything.
- Holly Wynne: “Down in the flood” and “More about our flood”
- Lori Lenz: “Nashville Flood, part 2”
- Southern Beale: “Devastating” and “After the Deluge”
- Avalon Acres Farm: Perspective on cleanup
- Looking For Like: “Rebuild This City On Rock and Roll”
- Nate News: “Nashville, Breathe”
- Huffington Post: “They Are Nashville: Standing By Music City”