- A group of parents called the Healthy School Food Team have banded together to urge Metro to offer healthier options in Metro Nashville Public Schools. Though they say that the school system is headed in the right direction, they want all the Cheetos removed from the cafeteria ASAP. [City Paper]
- We know this is old news, but we are still just a little bit baffled at Esquire’s choice to put Lane Kiffin up for sexiest woman of the year, which we suppose is the most belittling thing they could come up with or something. Which is sad. [WSMV]
- Tennessee’s four chambers of commerce can at least agree on one thing: They do not want Tennessee to pass an English-only law for driver’s license tests. [Tennessean]
- In the ongoing saga of the “I <3 Lady Gay Gay” shirt, Gaga herself has hopped into the fight with some words of encouragement for the Cole, the student who was sent home for wearing it. [WSMV]
- Congrats to Preds forward Joel Ward, who was nominated for the NHL’s Masterton Trophy. Every year, this award is given to a player who “best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to ice hockey.” [City Paper]
Photo by stephencapps.
No related posts.